South Surrey / White Rock Schools
Erik Hopkins is pleased to provide a complete directory of elementary schools, secondary high schools, private schools and IB schools in the South Surrey / White Rock area:
Surrey School District 36
Surrey School District 36 has the largest student enrolment in British Columbia and is one of few growing districts in the province. It is governed by a publicly elected board of seven trustees representing the cities of Surrey and White Rock. The district serves the cities of Surrey and White Rock and the rural area of Barnston Island, with a total area of approximately 328 square kilometres.
The Surrey School District has 101 elementary schools, 19 secondary schools, five learning centres, four adult education centres, a distributed (online) learning program and a variety of satellite and inter-agency programs serving a wide range of student needs.
School populations range from:
Total students as of October 17, 2014 (68,677):
- Elementary: 55 - 689 students
- Secondary: 1,218 - 2,001 students
The Surrey School District offers a variety of programs that provide unique settings for students as well as programs for children with special needs. These include:
- 38,878 elementary students
- 66 grades K-7 online learners (Surrey Connect)
- 27,094 secondary students
- 865 grades 8-12 students in five learning centres
- 596 grades 8-12 online learners
- 178 students in a variety of other district programs and services
- Learner support teams, gifted education and English language learner programs for children with special needs,
- Community-Schools Partnerships programs to support vulnerable learners before and after school,
- Core French, French as a second language, French immersion and intensive French programs,
- Punjabi language program,
- Fine arts and athletics opportunities,
- Heritage and traditional schools,
- Learning centres, career programs, and
- Surrey Connect distributed learning programs
2015-16 Surrey Schools Calendar
The Surrey school district 2015-16 calendar is now available for download.
The School Locator tool is a convenient way to help you find the catchment schools for your address.
Detailed information is provided, including grade configuration, principal name, telephone number and address.
2015-2016 School Catchment Boundaries
Boundary maps are the official catchment areas for the district. The 2016-17 boundary map is now available for download.
Read more on the Surrey Schools website, https://www.surreyschools.ca/About/Pages/default.aspx